WHAT YOU ARE EXPECTED TO DO in the audition process
The student will…
- Read and comply with all HYS audition policies (i.e. age requirements, music you are required to play, etc.)
- Complete application ON TIME and turn in to HYS office with all applicable fees included.
- Prepare audition music. (It is your responsibility to ensure that you obtain all required music from HYS, and know what music to play at your audition.)
- Inform HYS of any changes to application data ASAP.
- Check in 30 minutes prior to your assigned audition time.
- Have your own music and all accessories when you check-in. Accessories include, as applicable: extra strings, reeds, donut, own mallets (for each percussion instrument), and tuner (percussionists may use a tuner for timpani but must bring their own).
- Be ready-to-go at audition time.
- Enjoy making music!