COVID-19 UPDATE: The Pacific Music Institute understands the uncertainty of the continual development of the COVID-19 situation. For the time being, auditions will be temporarily suspended. We will make sure to post information as soon as we are able. Mahalo!
There is no typical PMI student, and we have programs for students of almost every level! You’ll meet a kaleidoscope of people from all different places and backgrounds. But there’s one common thread that makes our community thrive: a love of music and a drive for excellence. Does this sound like you? Then you’re in the right place.
How to Apply for Summer Jazz Intensive, Ukulele Workshop
Step 1: Visit the Area of Study page and fill out the registration form. No audition required!
How to Apply for Solo String & Quartet, OLA String Orchestra, OLA Wind Ensemble, and OLA Symphony Orchestra
Step 1: Starting Feb. 1, submit your audition at Acceptd.com
Early Application Deadline: April 3, 2020 ($30 application fee)
- Any student applying for Financial Aid, or requesting Lodging must apply by this date.
Step 2: HYS will notify you of your program placement
- Early Applicants will receive an email on/by April 17.
- The email will contain a link for you to register and pay your tuition.
- A nonrefundable deposit to secure your place is required by April 27.
- If you requested housing, you must also pay for your housing by April 27.
Step 3: Additional Information
- If you are unable to bring your own instrument, you can rent an instrument from us.
- All students will be required to review, acknowledge, and submit our Participation Agreement, Activity Waiver, Medical Emergency Form, and Student Handbook, in order for their registration to be considered “complete.”
Applying for Multiple Programs
Students are encouraged to apply for multiple programs. The Artistic Director will make placement determinations based on the student’s audition and instrumentation needs of the PMI program. The Artistic Director’s decision is final.
Applying on Multiple Instruments
Students who wish to apply on multiple instruments must submit audition recordings for each instrument, via GetAcceptd, at the same time. Audition recordings submitted piecemeal will not be considered. The Artistic Director will make placement determinations based on the student’s audition and instrumentation needs of the PMI program. The Artistic Director’s decision is final.
For technical assistance or if you forget your user name and password, please contact the Acceptd support team from the login page of the online application. PMI administration does not have access to user’s login information.