There is no typical PMI student. You’ll meet a kaleidoscope of people from all different places and backgrounds. But there’s one common thread that makes our community thrive: a love of music and a drive for excellence. Does this sound like you? Then you’re in the right place.
How to Apply
Step 1: Create an account at Acceptd.com and submit an audition.
Priority Application Deadline: April 1, 2019 (Application fee waived!)
- Students applying by this deadline will receive priority consideration for ensemble placement.
- All students requesting lodging and accommodations must apply by this date.
Late Application Deadline: May 15, 2019 (Application fee $50)
Step 2: HYS will notify you of your program placement
- Priority Applicants will receive a message on/by April 15. (Late applicants: on/by June 1.)
- The message will contain a link for you to register and pay your tuition.
- Be sure to submit a Financial Aid application, by May 1, if you are interested in doing so.
Step 3: Additional Information
- If you are coming from off-island and need housing, reserve your housing package after registration. Housing deposits are due by April 28.
- If you are unable to bring your own instrument, you can rent an instrument from us.
- All students will be required to review, acknowledge, and submit our Participation Agreement, Activity Waiver, Medical Emergency Form, and Student Handbook, in order for their registration to be considered “complete.”
Applying for Multiple Programs
Students are encouraged to apply for multiple programs in Sessions A & B. The Artistic Director will make placement determinations based on the student’s audition and instrumentation needs of the PMI program. The Artistic Director’s decision is final.
Applying on Multiple Instruments
Students who wish to apply on multiple instruments must submit audition recordings for each instrument, via GetAcceptd, at the same time. Audition recordings submitted piecemeal will not be considered. The Artistic Director will make placement determinations based on the student’s audition and instrumentation needs of the PMI program. The Artistic Director’s decision is final.
For technical assistance or if you forget your user name and password, please contact the Acceptd support team from the login page of the online application. PMI administration does not have access to user’s login information.