Session A: June 29-July 5, 2019
Instrumental Workshops (Ages 10-18)
- Designed to develop musical and technical skills on individual instruments, in a dynamic, group setting.
- Available for Bass and Harp.
Ignace Jang, Program Director
- Open to intermediate and advanced students; no prior string quartet experience necessary to participate.
- Coaching from renowned Artist Faculty and Teaching Fellows includes private lessons, quartet workshops, master classes, and a student/faculty side-by-side string ensemble.
- Available for violinists, violists, and cellists.
Session B: July 6-14, 2019
- An intermediate program for novice and developing students who play Violin, Viola, Cello, and Bass.
- In addition to String Orchestra, all students also participate in workshops on their respective instruments, to develop string playing techniques.
- Tuition includes a private lesson with their respective Workshop Faculty or an OLA Teaching Fellow.
Dr. John Devlin, Conductor
- An advanced program for serious orchestral students, with sectionals and masterclasses led by OLA faculty from major symphony orchestras, music schools, and conservatories of music.
- Tuition includes a private lesson with OLA faculty.